Charlottesville Virginia is a very special place, home to Thomas Jefferson and his legacies--a great university and his home, Monticello. It is also home for the US Army National Ground Intelligence Center.
Transportation to Charlottesville, VA
AIR TRANSPORTATION. There are three airports which can be used to get to Charlottesville, VA. All directions below are to the National Ground Intelligence Center.
Richmond International Airport (90 miles): Head north on Richard E Byrd Terminal Dr toward Clarkson Rd (0.4 miles). Take a slight right at S Airport Dr (1.5 miles). Merge onto I-64 W via the ramp to I-95/Richmond (73 miles). Take exit 124 for US-250 toward Charlottesville/Shadwell (0.3 miles). Turn right at Richmond Rd/US-250W, Continue to follow US-250 W (4.4 miles). Take the US-29 N ramp to Washington (0.1 miles). Turn right at Emmet St N/US-29 N, Continue to follow US-29 N (8.2 miles). Turn right on Boulders Rd., Destination will be on the right. Washington Dulles International Airport (92 miles): Head east on Saarinen Cir (0.3 miles). Continue onto Dulles Airport Access and Toll Rd (0.8 miles). Take the exit toward Sully Rd/VA-28 S Toll road (0.2 miles). Keep right at the fork to continue toward Sully Rd/VA-28 S and merge onto Sully Rd/VA-28 S - Partial toll road (8.3 miles). Take the ramp onto I-66 W (9.9 miles). Take exit 43A toward Lee Hwy/US-29 S (0.3 miles). Keep left at the fork to continue toward Lee Hwy/US-29 S and merge onto Lee Hwy/US-29 S (11.2 miles). Slight right at Eastern Bypass/US-29 S, Continue to follow US-29 S (60.3 miles). Turn left on Boulders Rd., destination will be on the right.
Charlottesville – Albemarle Airport (3 miles): Head south on Bowen Loop (0.3 miles). Turn right to stay on Bowen Loop (112 ft.). Turn left at Co Rd 606/Dickerson Rd (100 ft.). Turn right at Airport Rd/Co Rd 649 (0.8 miles). Turn left at Seminole Trail/US-29 N (2.1 miles). Turn right on Boulders Rd., destination will be on the right.
- Local transportation will not be provided and is the responsibility of the student. Rental vehicles will be provided for students by the Action Officer. One rental vehicle will be assigned for every 3-4 students. ECRC Action Officer will select the drivers and will state rental vehicle authorization into their orders.
- Lodging is not provided and will be the responsibility of the assigned LNO to make hotel block reservation prior to each class arrival. Smaller group of students (10 or less) with no LNO present are required to make their own individual lodging arrangement. Below are the recommended places to stay that are within per diem. All hotels are convenient to downtown Charlottesville and local attractions. All students will receive Statements of Non-availability (SNA) for their hotel.
- Best Western Charlottesville Airport Inn and Suites, 5920 Seminole Trail, Ruckersville, VA 22968-0900, (434) 985-1855 (Rated 5/5 stars, Gov’t Rate: $112.00 + taxes)
- Doubletree Hotel, 990 Hilton Heights Road, Charlottesville, VA 22901, (434) 973-2121 (Rated 4/5 stars, Gov’t Rate: $112.00 + taxes)
- Hampton Inn of Charlottesville, 2035 India Rd, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA 22901 Tel: 1-434-978-7888. (Rated 4/5 stars, Gov’t Rate: $112.00 + taxes)
- Residence Inn of Charlottesville, 1111 Millmont Street, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903 Tel: 1-434-923-0300 (Rated 4.5/5 stars, Gov’t Rate: $112.00 + taxes, room includes kitchen suite)
- Program of Instruction
- Training will begin each morning at 0800 and will end each day at 1700. A one hour lunch period will be given each day from 1200-1300. A 10 minute break will be given per hour of instruction. Class attire will be standard duty uniform. (See course agenda for details of training days).
- All students will report on training day 1 at 0800 to: 1000 Research Park Blvd, Suite 105, Charlottesville, VA 22911.
City of Charlottesville website: http://www.charlottesville.org
US Army National Ground Intelligence Center website: http://www.inscom.army.mil/msc/