Mission: NMCB SEVENTY-FOUR provides general and contingency engineer support to Combatant and/or Component Commanders in order to enhance their operational capabilities across the full spectrum of military operations.
Vision: NMCB SEVENTY-FOUR will achieve our operational objectives and enhance the Seabee legacy in every mission while embracing the Navy’s Core Values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment.
Guiding Principles: The foundation for achieving our vision is to Honor the Past, Succeed in the Present, and Prepare for the Future.
Honor the Past. The Seabee Legacy resides in each of us - Honor this legacy through our personal example.
- We will be accountable for our actions and dedicated to taking care of each other, our gear, our families, and ourselves. Exemplary military bearing and behavior will underpin all our actions.
- We will foster an atmosphere of pride, teamwork, and dedication. Our success depends on individual effort and working together.
- We will continuously communicate internally and externally. Timely recognition of success balanced with fair and consistent accountability will enhance Seabee accomplishments.
Succeed in the Present. Seabees are known for accomplishing the impossible - Lead the way with quality execution of every mission while mitigating all possible risks.
- Every Mission – technical, tactical, logistics, and administrative – will be completed with the highest quality on time and safely.
- Positive Leadership will occur at every level and is essential to command success.
- We will take pride and maintain a sense of ownership in everything we do.
- Operational Risk Management will be considered in every activity – on or off duty.
Prepare for the Future. Seabees are an enduring force in the Navy - Prepare to respond whenever and wherever we are required.
- We will have the most ready Seabees in the Naval Construction Force and are committed to develop our Seabees into future Navy leaders.
- We will build better Seabees through training and experience to ensure they are the best-prepared to build and fight.
|Commanding Officer’s Expectations – All Seabees of NMCB SEVENTY-FOUR will FEARLESSly:|
- Give 100% every day
- Take initiative and get the job done
- Take care of each other
- Take pride in self, in work, in team
- Stand up for what is right
- Find solutions, not problems
- Set the example for all Seabees
- Develop subordinates