Our mission is to provide and maintain a trained, ready, and immediately available reserve battalion, meeting the requirements of the Naval Construction Force for employment as directed by the Chief of Naval Operations in the event of war, natural emergency, or when otherwise authorized by law.
The Chief of Naval Operations has stated that the mission of a reserve battalion is;
- To maintain a state of operational readiness able to provide rapid and effective construction support to Naval, Marine Corps and other forces as necessary.
- To be prepared to conduct ground defense operations when required by circumstances of the deployed situation.
- To continue to maintain an operational readiness condition that will permit the battalion to be organizationally re-deployed when required by higher authority from its employment site within ten days or as otherwise directed.
- Much time, money, and effort is spent to insure such a state of readiness. We must constantly evaluate ourselves to determine if we are indeed preparing ourselves to meet this challenge. This is our reason for being.
- TRAINING and PREPARING will be our foremost and overriding priority - Rate Training to extend our professional and technical competence to the fullest degree; disaster recovery; and military training sufficient to insure that the battalion is in the highest possible state of readiness in the event of mobilization or to meet any emergency it may be called upon to employ its services.