Commander’s Vision: Every person (military and civilian) in NCG 1 is an individual, valued for his/her unique talents. With these talents, we combine to create a team even more capable and impressive than any one of us. Through mutual trust, caring for each other, and promoting a culture of safety and quality, we can accomplish anything!
CAPT Dean Tufts, CEC, USN
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect
- We live up to the Navy’s core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment
- Mistakes will happen… we will learn from them and move on
- Our families and loved ones are a part of 31st SRG - without them, we cannot be successful
- We constantly push to ensure the Pacific Seabees success in combat and construction operations
- We plan for successful execution while remaining prepared to adapt to change
- We exercise Operational Risk Management at all times
- IF ANY OF OUR UNITS FAIL... WE FAIL
- We are accountable for our areas of responsibility and our personal actions
- We are accountable for our equipment, tools, materials and weapons
- We produce quality products with attention to detail
- We delegate authority to the most junior levels of leadership, but always remain engaged
U... UNITY OF EFFORT
- We continually exercise and reinforce the Chain of Command
- We communicate promptly, accurately, and honestly
- We fully leverage individual and team talents
- We push hard to meet or exceed all of our commitments
- We are prepared physically and mentally to go in harm’s way… and serve with honor and courage
- We always remember our nation depends on us to build and fight for peace with freedom
BE PROUD OF EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE… EVERYDAY.
IF YOU ARE NOT… CHANGE SOMETHING.
IF YOU ARE... EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL INTO PLACE.