Aviation Class A Mishaps
As of 04 Mar 2014
Class A Flight Mishaps
- 17 Jan 2014 (NAS Lemoore, CA) F/A-18E sustained brake fire on aborted takeoff.
- 15 Jan 2014: (off of the Virginia Capes) F/A-18E crashed during ULT training flight. No fatalities.
- 08 Jan 2014: (off of the Virginia Capes) MH-53E crashed while conducting mine warfare operations. 2 survivors and 3 fatalities.
- 16 Dec 2013: (Japan) MH-60S executed autorotation due to loss of tail rotor drive.
- 04 Nov 2013: (NAS Pensacola, FL) T-45C crashed prior to runway after reporting an engine flameout.
Class A Aviation UAS/UAV, Flight Related and Ground Mishaps
- 15 Dec 2013: (Atlantic & Environs) MQ-8B crashed at sea.
- 24 Oct 2013: (Patuxent River, MD) MQ-8B sustained a hard landing from a hover following takeoff during a test flight.