- Department of the Navy Research, Development & Acquisition - Acquisition One Source
- Defense Acquisition Guidebook - Provides members of the acquisition community and industry partners with an interactive, on-line reference to policy and discretionary best practice.
- SECNAV One Source including Policy Guidance
- SECNAV M-5000.2, DoN Acquisition and Capabilities Guidebook
Defense Technical Information Center
- DoD 5000
- Defense Acquisition University - A key acquisition knowledge portal
- Acquisition Community Connection - Offers authoritative acquisition, technology, and logistics information and access to experts and peers working on AT&L processes.Acqusition Guidebook
- Special Interest Area Environment, Safety & Occupational Health (ESOH) Community - expounds on the DoD level policy guidance found in the Defense Acquisition Guidebook, and provides best practices on how to integrate environment, safety, and occupational health into the systems engineering and acquisition processes.
- Navy Policy is contained in:
- SECNAVINST 5100.10J; Department of the Navy Policy for Safety, Mishap Prevention, Occupational Health and Fire Protection Programs, 15 June 1999 (Requires use of Mil Std 882C in all major acquisition). An update is anticipated in the near future.
- SECNAVINST 5000.2E, Implementation of Mandatory Procedures for Major and Non-Major Defense Acquisition Programs and Major and Non-Major Information Technology Acquisition Programs. Includes strong requirements for system safety. These are integrated into the section on system engineering and human systems integration, chapter 6.
- OPNAVINST 5100.19 Series, the NAVOSH Afloat Program Manual. An update is anticipated in the near future.
- OPNAVINST 5100.23 Series, the NAVOSH Ashore Program Manual
- OPNAVINST 5100.24B, Navy System Safety Program. Un update is anticipated in the near future.
- Army Manprint Program - integrates human systems engineering into new acquisition
- Risk Assessment/Hazard Analyses - systematic approach to identifying and resolving the potential safety and health hazard risks associated with the development, test, production, transport, operation, training, maintenance, and disposal of the system.
- Currents Magazine - Navy System Acquisition, Environmental Quick Facts
- Contracting for the Rest of Us - A Layman's Guide
- The update of MIL Std 882E in 2012 - Re-Establish non-mandatory Data Item Descriptions (DIDs) - for established DIDs specifying contractual requirements for hazard analyses refer to the ESOH Reference Library on the Acquisition Deskbook.
- Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) - Critical Component in the safety assessment of the system during tests.
- The Navy Environmental Readiness Policy OPNAV M-5090.1
- 10 Jan 2014 ENVIRONMENTAL READINESS PROGRAM MANUAL includes detailed information and requirements for environmental compliance in systems acquisition and related polution prevention program that reduce life-cycle costs and program risk.
- A reference edition of Currents Magazine - Navy System Acquisition Environmental Quick Facts
Design Safety Home
Contact Info: 703-695-4705 | POC: M_NRFK_SAFE_CODE08_UD@navy.mil
Last Revision: August 26, 2014