Joint Tactical Networking Center
The Joint Tactical Networking Center provides coordinated wireless communications expert technical support to USD(AT&L) and DoD CIO-related policy initiatives and governance processes aimed at ensuring interoperable, secure, and affordable waveform and wireless communications.
To achieve its vision and execute its mission, the JTNC is organized into three functional entities:
DoD Waveform Information Repository, DoD Waveform Standards, DoD Waveform Compliance & Certification.
At the heart of the JTNC are the enduring, core functions as defined in the JTNC Charter:
DoD Waveform Standards
- Provides a validated open architecture framework that separates waveform/network manager from the radio set
- Permits common waveforms and network managers to be deployed across multiple radio sets and vendors
DoD Waveform IR
- Provides a cyber-hardened, DoD-wide waveform library and controlled access for waveforms and associated network managers, operating environment software, models, architectural standards and Application Program Interfaces (APIs)
- Protects and distributes code and documentation based on legal agreements between government and software developers
- Maintains government configuration control of assigned DoD Waveform IR products and data documents
DoD Waveform Compliance & Certification
- Perform technical analysis of candidate Waveform IR products for Compliance and Certification. This analysis will result in preliminary characterizations of Waveform IR products regarding whether they meet the government standards and policies for secure interoperability
- Support the various DoD agencies overseeing the protection of critical technologies of wireless communications exported under commercial and/or Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and licenses
Technical advisor to JTNC Board of Directors (BoD)
- Provide subject matter expertise on waveforms and wireless communications as requested or identified in support of DoD, the Services, Program offices and stakeholders.