Naval Mobilization and Processing Sites (NMPS)
You will be processed through one of the three primary Navy Mobilization Processing Site (NMPS) locations (Norfolk, San Diego or Gulfport) written in your orders. The NMPS location you will process through is determined by training criteria and unit requirements. CNIC has redesigned and standardized the three NMPS websites and are now accessible at one location for your convenience. Utilize your orders and the NMPS websites for points of contact and additional information. NOTE: You will be provided with numerous briefs to support your deployment and re-deployment. These briefs are readily available to access at a later time for review.
Bring the following to NMPS:
- Completed Medical and Administrative Expeditionary Screening Checklists
- Expeditional Medical & Dental Screening (NAVMED 1300/4)
- Expeditionary Screening Checklist Administrative (NAVPERS 1300/22)
- Medical Suitability Certification (NAVPERS 1300/21)
- Medical and dental records.
- Medications (90 day supply).
- Copy of current prescriptions for medications and eyeglasses and/or contact lenses.
- Government travel credit card and enough cash for two days berthing and meals (approximately $150.00-200.00).
- Proof of city/state residence.
- A copy of the completion certificates for each mandatory prerequisite course completed on NKO e-learning.
- Orders will state if you are required to take your personnel record to NMPS.
- Sailors not ordered to bring their personnel record should bring a copy of:
- Updated page 2
- Current contract/ extensions
- Page 4s (quals, awards and ASVAB)
- Last FITREP/EVAL
- FSA form (if applicable)
- Exam worksheet (if applicable)
Report to NMPS in a clean working uniform. Do not report in coveralls, flight suits, civilian clothes or physical training (PT) gear.
Do not take all of your standard issue uniforms to NMPS unless it is specified in your orders. You will only need enough clean Navy working uniforms to wear for a few days until mission uniforms are issued. You are responsible to bring the Navy PT Uniform. All mission-specific required uniforms items, including a Navy PT sweatshirt and Navy PT sweatpants, will be issued at NMPS. Do not pack unnecessary items or items that you will not use during pre-deployment training. You will be issued approximately 32 pounds of gear and a sea bag at NMPS. If military air is utilized to transport you to your next intermediate stop, your personal gear limit is 40 pounds—which includes the 32 pounds of gear issued at NMPS. Plan accordingly and minimize personal gear. Excess items may be mailed/shipped from NMPS to your home or forward to your theater assignment location at your expense.
You will be at NMPS for approximately one week to ensure all prerequisite items and the Expeditionary Screening Checklist are completed and that you are qualified to move forward. All transportation is provided at the NMPS. No privately owned or rental cars are authorized unless stated on orders.
You are required to stay in berthing provided. Family or guests are not authorized to stay with you. Families are not authorized to accompany you to NMPS and they will not be allowed to accompany you from this point forward.