Chain of Command During the BOG Phase
1. Navy in-theater personnel Operational Control (OPCON)
IA Sailors are assigned operationally to the Combatant Commander during the operational portion (BOG) of their orders. As such, for operational purposes they are fully embedded in their operational unit's chain of command.
2. Navy in-theater personnel Administrative Control (ADCON)
- The IA Sailor ADCON remains with Navy. Listed below are the Navy POCs for each AOR. Typical issues include FITREP/Evals, pay, orders, travel, awards, career counseling, etc.
- U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM)
- NAVCENT FWD AFG (Afghanistan): email@example.com, OIC DSN: 318-421-6205, AOIC DSN: 318-421-7614
- NAVCENT FWD KUWAIT (Kuwait, Qatar): firstname.lastname@example.org, OIC DSN: 318-430-7809, CMDCM DSN: 318-430-7939, CCC DSN: 318-430-7811
- NAVCENT FWD MANAS (Kyrgyzstan): email@example.com, OIC DSN: 318-441-5880, VoSIP: 308-441-4670, SEA DSN: 318-441-8134, JMCC/LNO DSN: 318-441-8391
- CTF-IA (Iraq, Bahrain, other CENTCOM): firstname.lastname@example.org, CTF-IA website
- Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa (JTF-HOA)
- Joint Task Force-Guantanamo Bay (JTF-GITMO)
- Other Geographic Locations: (EUCOM, PACOM, NORTHCOM, SOUTHCOM)
- Questions: Email USFF IA Support at email@example.com.
- The IA Sailor should remain in contact with his or her AOR FWD HQ for in-theater support.