Notice: This is a U.S. Government Web Site
1. This is a World Wide Web site for official information about NIOC Pensacola. It is provided as a public service by the United States Navy. The purpose is to provide information about NIOC Pensacola to the general public.
2. All information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us.
Per Department of Defense directive, the Navy's official website does not use any persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser.
Cookie Disclaimer - This site does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). This site may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
Example: Information Collected from NIOC Pensacola for Statistical Purposes
Below is an example of the information collected based on a standard request for a World Wide Web document:
xxx.yyy.com - - [28/Oct/2011:00:00:01 -0500] "GET /fcc-c10f/niocpensacola/Pages/PrivacyPolicy.aspx HTTP/1.0" 200 16704 Mozilla 7.0/www.yahoo.com
xxx.yyy.com (or 126.96.36.199)-- this is the host name (or IP address) associated with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, (…com) the requester is coming from a commercial address. Depending on the requester’s method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify a specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers assign different IP addresses for each session, so the host name identifies only the ISP. The host name (or IP address) will identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
[28/Oct/2011:00:00:01 -0500] -- this is the date and time of the request
"GET /fcc-c10f/niocpensacola/Pages/PrivacyPolicy.aspx HTTP/1.0" -- this is the location of the requested file on U.S. Fleet Cyber Command / U.S. TENTH Fleet
200 -- this is the status code - 200 is OK - the request was filled
16704 -- this is the size of the requested file in bytes
Mozilla 7.0 -- this identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages
www.yahoo.com - this indicates the last site the person visited, which indicates how people find NIOC Pensacola
Requests for other types of documents use similar information. No personally-identifying information is collected.