Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content



A. I have received orders to NIOC HI. How do I get a command sponsor?
Contact the sponsor coordinators at and you will be promptly assigned a command sponsor to assit you with your PCS. Early and frequent contact with your sponsor will enable us to make your PCS and integration into the command as hassle-free and expeditious as possible. Welcome aboard!

B. Got Pets?
As of April 23, 2012 Inspection hours for dog and cats at  Honolulu International Airport (HNL) are between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily, including weekends and holidays.  This information is particularly important  for those who are qualifying their pets for direct release at Honolulu International Airport.Pet owners should be sure to arrange for their flights to arrive by 3:30 p.m. Airport Animal Quarantine Holding Facility and animals not arriving at the facility by 4:30 p.m. will not be released at the airport that day.  Pets arriving in the late afternoon and evening will be held overnight until inspections are completed the following morning. Pets qualified for direct airport release that are held overnight for release in the morning at the Airport Animal Quarantine Holding Facility must be picked up by 10:00 a.m. or an additional $59 will be charged.

C. House Hunting Leave
All Sailors with dependent(s) and/or paid E-5’s and above are eligible for house hunting leave upon arrival to NIOC Hawaii.  You and your sponsor will contact the LCPO of Aloha and there you will route  your chit.  You are eligible for up to 10 days of leave upon completion of urinalysis.  For more information contact Aloha Division at (808) 364-3623.  For lodging information see links tab.

D. Polygraph
If you have not completed a polygraph you will be able to set up your appointment during the check-in process.  If you have any questions feel free to contact  Aloha division (808) 364-3623 or NCIS Pearl Harbor at (808) 474-1218.

E. Car Registration
If you’re having your car shipped from the mainland, you’ll needto register it within 30 days.

Keeping your home state’s registration?

If you are a non-resident of this state, you must submit the Non-Resident Certificate, Form CS-L (MVR) 50, available from Personnel Support Detachment (PSD) in Pearl Harbor.

First time registration?

  • Fill out a registration application form. Hawaii County is the only county with the form online. If you live elsewhere, visit your satellite city hall office.  
  • Make sure you have the right no-fault  car insurance with a carrier licensed in Hawaii. Otherwise, you may not have your car inspected.  
  • Find an authorized inspection center (usually a gas station, call your motor vehicle office) and have your car  inspected. This only takes a few minutes. You will have to show them your original insurance card (watermarked with seal). The inspection center will issue a Hawaii Inspection Certificate for around $15 that you must take with you to register your car. There's an extra $5 fee for post-factory tinted windows. Fees are determined at the office by the weight of the vehicle. Honolulu has an online calculator.
  • Get the vehicle weighed at a state weigh station or look for the weight in the owner’s manual; the registration fee is based off of this. Bring in proof of weight.
  • Take all the above and your title, if you have it, to a satellite city hall office.

 NOTE: If your vehicle fails inspection, you must make necessary car repairs and then have it re-inspected.