This is a U.S. Government Web Site
1. This is a World Wide Web site for official information about Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station Jacksonville FL. It is provided as a public service by the United States Navy. The purpose is to provide information about NAVCOMTELSTA Jacksonville FL to the general public.
2. All information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us.
Information Collected from NCTS Jacksonville for Statistical Purposes
1. xxx.yyy.com – [28/Jan/2008:00:00:01 -0500] “GET /Defense/news/nr012708.html HTTP/1.0” 200
16704 Mozilla 3.0/www.google.com
2. xxx.yyy.com (or 18.104.22.168)—this is the host name (or Internet protocol (IP) address) associated
with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, the requester is coming from the xxx.yyy.net
address. Depending on the requester’s method of network connection, the host name (or IP address)
may or may not identify the user’s specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service
Providers (ISPs) assign different IP address for each session, or only connect to Internet via proxy
server, so the hose name may only identify the ISP. The host name (or IP address) may identify a
specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
3. [28/Jan/2008:00:00:01 -0500] – this is the date and time of the request
4. “GET /Defense/news/nr012708.html HTTP/1.0” – this is the location of the requested file
5. 200 – this is the status code - 200 is OK – the request was filled
6. 16704 – this is the size of the requested file in bytes
7. Mozilla 3.0 – this identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates
what design parameters to use in constructing the pages
8. www.google.com – this indicates the last site the person visited, which indicates how people find the
Requests for other types of documents use similar information. Unless otherwise stated, no personally-identifiable information is collected.