E-Gov Act of 2002 mandated the Government pursue opportunities to leverage IT to enable Federal Enterprise solutions. OPM’s EHRI, subset of E-Gov Act, implemented an e-OPF system, fulfilling objective of E-Gov/EHRI Acts. DoD was mandated by OMB to implement OPM’s e-OPF.
What is an e-OPF?
- Replaces the paper OPF with an image and data-centric employee record
- Enables "virtual folders" to house training, payroll, performance and other data
- Provides visibility to all transactions and personnel who have access to official files in a complete audit trail
- Provides email notification to the employee when a document is added to the eOPF
- Assures continuity of operations and disaster recovery