The Industrial College of the Armed Forces is a U.S. military educational institution that prepares military
officers and civilian government officials for leadership and executive positions in the national security field.
GS 14, 15, or equivalent
Tuition: No Cost
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Permanent, full-time civilian employee of the Department of Defense; available for an extended period of service upon graduation
- All nominees must have, at minimum, a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) security clearance. Note: NDU does offer classified electives at a higher security clearance level and individuals possessing the appropriate level will have the opportunity to attend.
- Outstanding potential for senior command and staff positions
- Experience in the design and resourcing of different facets of national security, Joint, and/or interagency
- Broad experience within and outside current career field
- Ability to contribute as a member of a diverse seminar
- Multi-disciplinary educational programs
- Associated research dealing with the resource component of national power (e.g., special emphasis on materiel
acquisition and joint logistics and their integration into the national security strategy for peace and war)
- Classes in advanced strategic methods and diplomacy
- Executive-level courses of study
- Simulations and war games
- Professional exchanges
- Outreach programs
Nomination Deadline: March 23, 2012
How to Apply:
The nomination package must be endorsed through the chain-of-command. Upon chain-of-command approval, Command
Training Representatives will forward endorsed nomination packages that include:
Program applicants are advised that their organization may have different deadline dates and requirements.
It is important to check with the Command Training Representative for information regarding deadline dates and
Send the application package by regular mail, Federal Express, or UPS to the following address:
Office of Civilian Human Resources
Civilian Workforce Development Division
614 Sicard Street, S.E., Bldg. 201, Suite 100
Washington Navy Yard, DC 20374-5014
Schedule and Cost: Travel, lodging, and meal costs are the Major Commands responsibility.
|Industrial College of the Armed Forces