We employ nearly 200,000 federal civil servants in the Department of the Navy in:
- 21 major Commands, each with its own unique mission
- Every state in the United States
- 20 countries around the world
- Both white and blue collar career fields
- Both technical and non-technical jobs
Our workforce is highly skilled, talented and federal service motivated. Our civilian workforce contributes critical support to the success of our military in both peacetime and wartime by providing both continuity and a federal regulatory perspective. This complements the military strategy and national security perspective our military workforce provides to ensure the safety of our nation. A civilian career with the Department of the Navy provides the broadest possible spectrum of job types, career progression opportunities, employment locations and life experiences associated with your employment.
For more information, visit Civilian Job Opportunities.