*** New Website Look and Content changes coming March 28th ***

Skip navigation links
CHR Home
Training & Development
Executive Management
HR Offices
Programs & Services
Skip navigation links
Retirement Readiness NOW
Employee Deductions
Crediting Civilian Service Not Subject to Retirement Deductions
Crediting Civilian Service For Which You Received a Refund of Retirement Deductions
Crediting Active Military Service
Nonpay Status
Voluntary Retirement
MRA +10 Retirement
Postponed Retirement
Early Voluntary Retirement
Discontinued Service Retirement
Special Retirement for Law Enforcement Officers and Firefighters
Special Retirement for Air Traffic Controllers
Disability Retirement
Deferred Retirement
Separating Employees Who Are Not Eligible For Immediate Annuity
Survivor Benefits
Court Orders
Re-employed Annuitants
Non-appropriated Fund Service
Request an Annuity Computation
Phased Retirement

 Required Documentation to Attach to Your Retirement Application

  1. If you have active duty military service, attach SF 3107 Schedule A and a copy of all your DD 214s, Report of Separation (copy #4).
  2. If you are receiving or have applied for military retired pay, attach SF 3107 Schedule B and copies of any applicable notice of award.
  3. If you are waiving your retired military pay, attach a copy of your request for waiver and the military finance office’s acknowledgement or approval of your request for waiver.
  4. If you are receiving (or have received within the past 2 years) workers’ compensation from the Department of Labor because of a job-related illness or injury, attach SF 3107 Schedule C.
  5. If you have a court or administrative order that requires you to provide health benefits coverage for one or more children, attach a copy of the order.
  6. If you are continuing your life insurance coverage as a retiree, attach SF 2818, Continuation of Life Insurance Coverage (be sure to sign the form in all 4 signature blocks).
  7. If you are married, attach a copy of your marriage certificate.
  8. If you have a court order that gives a former living spouse a survivor annuity, attach a certified copy of the court order.
  9. If you elected to provide a survivor annuity for a former spouse, attach a copy of the divorce decree.
  10. If you are married and did not elect a full survivor annuity for your spouse, attach SF 3107-2.
  11. If you want to elect federal income tax withholding from your retirement annuity at a rate different from what is currently withheld from your salary attach W-4P, Withholding Certificate for Pension or Annuity Payments.
Emergency Preparedness
Key Strategic Documents
Website Accessibility/Section 508
Privacy Notice Terms of Use Contact Us
614 Sicard Street SE, Suite 100, Washington, DC 20374-5072
This is an official U.S. Navy website
No FEAR Act Navy IG