If you are applying for retirement you must complete an SF 3107, Application for Immediate Retirement.
If you have any questions about completing the SF 3107, contact the Benefits Line and ask to speak to a retirement specialist.
Additional information about retirement is contained in the pamphlet SF 3113, Applying for Immediate Retirement Under the Federal Employees Retirement System. Pages 1–4 of the document are information about retirement and instructions for completing the application.
All applicants must complete Sections A–I. Pay special attention to the following:
- Section A – Identifying Information
- Enter your name as it is shown on your Leave and Earnings Statement or SF 50, Notification of Personnel Action.
- Enter the address and telephone number where you can be reached after retirement. Do not enter your work telephone number.
- Section D – Annuity Election
- Initial Block 1 if you are electing a full survivor annuity for your spouse.
- Initial in Block 2 if you are electing less than a full survivor annuity for your spouse. If you choose this option, your spouse must sign the SF 3107-2, Spouse’s Consent to Survivor Election.
- Initial Block 3 if you are not married or are married and not electing a survivor annuity for your spouse (or former spouse). If you are currently married, your spouse must sign the SF 3107-2.
- Initial Block 4 if you are electing a survivor annuity for someone with an insurable interest. If you are applying for disability retirement you are not eligible to elect this option. Do not enter information about your spouse in this block unless you are electing an insurable interest survivor annuity for your spouse. If you are currently married, your spouse must sign the SF 3107-2. Consult with your retirement specialist before electing this option.
- Initial Block 5 if you are electing a survivor annuity for a former spouse. Consult with your retirement specialist before electing this option. If you are currently married, your spouse must sign the SF 3107-2.
- Section H – Direct Deposit and Tax Withholding Information
- Your current direct deposit and tax information will automatically transfer to OPM. You are not required to complete this section unless you want to change your current direct deposit or tax withholding information.
- Section I – Applicant’s Certification
Complete these schedules only if you have active military service or have ever received workers’ compensation benefits.
The Civilian Benefits Center will complete this form.
The Civilian Benefits Center will complete this form. You are not required to sign the SF 3107-1, even though the instructions indicate that you will receive the form for signature.
Complete this form if you are married and have completed SF 3107, Section F, Block 2, 3, 4 or 5. If you elected a partial survivor annuity for your current spouse, enter the same dollar amount in Block (c) of the SF 2801-2 that
you entered in Section F of the SF 3107.
Your spouse must sign and date the SF 3107-2 in the presence of a notary public.