Notice: This is a U.S. Government Web Site
1. Naval Safety Center web site is provided as a public service by the Department of the Navy.
2. Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us, the Webmaster or Public Affairs Officer
Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy or the Naval Safety Center of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense, the Department of the Navy or the Naval Safety Center does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you choose to send email to the site webmaster or submit an online feedback form, any contact information that you provide will be solely used to respond to your request and not stored.
The Naval Safety Center does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser. The Naval Safety Center does use session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser, in order to provide accurate web statistics ie. unique users, visits and page hits. This information cannot be obtained without a session cookie that 'follows the user' through the Website. No database of information obtained from these cookies is kept and when you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer.
The Naval Safety Center uses session cookies for the sole purpose of quantifying user statistics in an effort to improve the readability and informational quality of our Website.
You may choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site. The help information in your browser software should provide you with instructions on how to disable cookies.