Aviation Class A Mishaps
As of 16 Jul 2014
Class A Flight Mishaps
04 Jun 2014: (off of the southern California coast) F/A-18E crashed into the sea on short final approach to a CVN. Pilot ejected successfully.
15 May 2014: (NAS Fallon, NV) F/A-18C had dual engine fire indications due to a bleed air leak. Aircraft landed safely. No injuries.
- 01 May 2014: (Corpus Christi, TX) T-34C crashed in water after student and instructor crew successfully bailed out.
- 16 Apr 2014: (East of San Diego, CA) HH-60H rotor blades hit a canyon wall. Aircraft performed an emergency landing. No injuries.
- 10 Apr 2014: (NAF El Centro, CA) MH-60S crashed during night training mission. No injuries.
26 Jan 2014: (EASTPAC) EA-18G nose wheel strut was damaged on catapult launch and resulted in dual engine FOD. Aircraft landed safety. No injuries.
17 Jan 2014 (NAS Lemoore, CA) F/A-18E sustained brake fire on aborted takeoff.
- 15 Jan 2014: (off of the Virginia Capes) F/A-18E crashed during ULT training flight. No fatalities.
- 08 Jan 2014: (off of the Virginia Capes) MH-53E crashed while conducting mine warfare operations. 2 survivors and 3 fatalities.
- 16 Dec 2013: (Japan) MH-60S executed autorotation due to loss of tail rotor drive.
- 04 Nov 2013: (NAS Pensacola, FL) T-45C crashed prior to runway after reporting an engine flameout.
04 Jun 2014: (Imperial County, CA) AV-8B crashed during day flight. Pilot ejected successfully. No fatalities.
01 Jun 2014: (Afghanistan) CH-53E sustained hard landing on runway. No serious injuries.
09 May 2014: (near Chandler, AZ) AV-8B crashed. Pilot ejected successfully.
01 Mar 2014: (Fallon, NV) A USMC F/A-18C on loan to NSAWC crashed during training in the range complex killing the pilot.
Class A Aviation UAS/UAV, Flight Related and Ground Mishaps
- 24 Jun 2014: (San Diego, CA) Airborne Low Frequency Sonar (AQS-22) departed MH-60R while conducting dipping operations. (FRM)
- 15 Dec 2013: (Atlantic & Environs) MQ-8B crashed at sea.
- 24 Oct 2013: (Patuxent River, MD) MQ-8B sustained a hard landing from a hover following takeoff during a test flight.
- 19 May 2014: (vicinity of Elizabethtown and Harold, NC) Crew Chief died after falling from a MV-22B during a training flight. (FRM)