Ashore Class A Mishaps
|As of 25 Mar 2014
Navy - Shore On-Duty
- 18 Feb 2014: (New London, CT) Civilian fell while entering the building and was taken to the hospital. She died later that night after surgery.
- 16 Feb 2014: (Atsugi, Japan) Hangar roof collapsed causing major damage to several DON aircraft.
- 06 Jan 2014: (Tinker AFB, OK) E-6B doused when High Expansion Foam (HEF) system activated while aircraft was open for maintenance in hangar.
Navy - On-Duty Motor Vehicle
- 19 Nov 2013: (Corpus Christi, TX) E-5 Duty Driver died in an on-duty motor vehicle mishap.
- 22 Mar 2014: (Annapolis, MD) MIDN died in hospital on 25 Mar after collapsing at football practice.
- 07 Jan 2014: (Okinawa, Japan) E-7 was found unresponsive at base gym and could not be resuscitated.
- 08 Oct 2013: (Atsugi, Japan) E-6 died after participating in command-sponsored, PT-related activity.
Marine Corps - Ground On-Duty
13 Jan 2014: (Camp Pendleton, CA) E-2 died while participating in initial swim screening.
13 Nov 2013: (Camp Pendleton, CA) One E-7, two E-6s, and one E-5 died in an explosion during range maintenance.
- 20 Nov 2013: (NAS Fort Worth JRB, TX) E-7 collapsed during a group run on base and could not be resuscitated.
- 07 Nov 2013: (MCBH Kaneohe Bay, HI) E-3 collapsed and died during a run.
Marine Corps - Tactical Vehicle
Marine Corps - On-Duty Motor Vehicle