Ashore Class A Mishaps
|As of 16 Jul 2014
Navy - Shore On-Duty
- 23 Jun 2014: (El Centro, CA) E-7 died in a parachute mishap.
- 14 May 2014: (Fallbrook, CA) Forest fire on base. No injuries
- 18 Feb 2014: (New London, CT) Civilian fell while entering the building and was taken to the hospital. She died later that night after surgery.
- 16 Feb 2014: (Atsugi, Japan) Hangar roof collapsed causing major damage to several DON aircraft.
- 05 Jan 2014: (Tinker AFB, OK) E-6B doused when High Expansion Foam (HEF) system activated while aircraft was open for maintenance in hangar.
Navy - On-Duty Motor Vehicle
- 19 Nov 2013: (Corpus Christi, TX) E-5 Duty Driver died in an on-duty motor vehicle mishap.
- 09 Jul 2014: (San Antonio, TX) E-4 passed out during physical training and was pronounced deceased the next day.
- 19 May 2014: (North Island, CA) E-6 collapsed after participating in the Physical Readiness Test being conducted at the base gym.
- 22 Mar 2014: (Annapolis, MD) MIDN died in hospital on 25 Mar after collapsing at football practice.
- 07 Jan 2014: (Okinawa, Japan) E-7 was found unresponsive at base gym and could not be resuscitated.
- 08 Oct 2013: (Atsugi, Japan) E-6 died after participating in command-sponsored, PT-related activity.
Marine Corps - Ground On-Duty
08 Apr 2014: (Camp Lejeune, NC) E-3 died from an accidental gunshot wound while on duty in the guard shack.
13 Jan 2014: (Camp Pendleton, CA) E-2 died while participating in initial swim screening.
13 Nov 2013: (Camp Pendleton, CA) One E-7, two E-6s, and one E-5 died in an explosion during range maintenance.
- 27 Jun 2014: (Camp Johnson, NC) O-5 died after completing the 3-mile run portion of his annual physical fitness test.
- 20 Nov 2013: (NAS Fort Worth JRB, TX) E-7 collapsed during a group run on base and could not be resuscitated.
- 07 Nov 2013: (MCBH Kaneohe Bay, HI) E-3 collapsed and died during a run.
Marine Corps - Tactical Vehicle
Marine Corps - On-Duty Motor Vehicle