Afloat Class A Mishaps
As of 16 Sep 2014
Ship and Submarine Mishaps
- 22 Jun 2014: (Atlantic Ocean) Water in fuel damaged 1A main propulsion diesel engine (MPDE).
- 09 Jun 2014: (Jacksonville, FL) Unintended shaft revolution during dead-stick berth shift resulted in damage to main reduction gear.
- 23 Apr 2014: (WESTPAC) Explosion in NR 1 Main Reduction Gear, resulting in damage to the casing.
- 14 Apr 2014: (Atlantic Ocean) Class A fire in CG uptake space.
- 12 Feb 2014: (Black Sea) FFG ran aground while entering Samsun, Turkey. Initial reports indicate damage to the propeller.
- 16 Nov 2013: (SOCAL) A BQM drone hit a CG-47 class ship during a training exercise.