- Department of the Navy Research, Development & Acquisition
- Defense Acquisition Guidebook - Provides members of the acquisition community and industry partners with an interactive, on-line reference to policy and discretionary best practice.
- Defense Technical Information Center
- Defense Acquisition University - A key acquisition knowledge portal
- Acquisition Community Connection - Offers authoritative acquisition, technology, and logistics information and access to experts and peers working on AT&L processes.
- Special Interest Area Environment, Safety & Occupational Health (ESOH) - expounds on the DoD level policy guidance found in the Defense Acquisition Guidebook, and provides best practices on how to integrate environment, safety, and occupational health into the systems engineering and acquisition processes.
- DoD Acquisition Instruction, DODI 5000.02. Refer to: DODI 5000.02 - has been revised to make the acquisition process faster and improve acquisition products.
- Navy Policy is contained in:
- SECNAVINST 5100.10J; Department of the Navy Policy for Safety, Mishap Prevention, Occupational Health and Fire Protection Programs, 15 June 1999 (Requires use of Mil Std 882C in all major acquisition)
- SECNAVINST 5000.2D, Implementation of Mandatory Procedures for Major and Non-Major Defense Acquisition Programs and Major and Non-Major Information Technology Acquisition Programs. Includes strong requirements for system safety. These are integrated into the section on system engineering and human systems integration, chapter 7.
- OPNAVINST 5100.19 Series, the NAVOSH Afloat Program Manual
- OPNAVINST 5100.23 Series, the NAVOSH Ashore Program Manual
- OPNAVINST 5100.24B, Navy System Safety Program
- Army Manprint Program - integrates human systems engineering into new acquisition
- Risk Assessment/Hazard Analyses - systematic approach to identifying and resolving the potential safety and health hazard risks associated with the development, test, production, transport, operation, training, maintenance, and disposal of the system.
- Currents Magazine - Navy System Acquisition, Environmental Quick Facts
- Contracting for the Rest of Us - A Layman's Guide