Commander's Inclusion and Diversity Toolkit
To provide Navy leaders with resources to effectively assess and promote an inclusive culture
An online one-stop shop with tools and assessment measures for Navy leaders’ use
1) Assist Navy leaders with assessing and promoting inclusion and diversity within their workforce
2) Communicate Navy’s I&D Strategic Principles across the fleet
3) Provide methods and measures to assess and promote an inclusive culture in the Navy
4) Inform Navy leaders on the current status of Navy’s diverse workforce
Tools in the Toolkit
1. The Basics:
4. Assessing the Total Force:
7. Recognizing the Total Force:
Are there other products you would like to see in this toolkit?
Do you have a great example from your career of how a diverse team created innovative solutions, or a command’s inclusive culture allowed for greater mission accomplishment?
Last Updated: March 2018
Non-governmental Websites and Information - The appearance of external hyperlinks to or research information from non-governmental entities does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy, and the Navy Personnel Command of the entity or linked websites, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy, and the Navy Personnel Command does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD website.