ALLOCATIONS AND STATISTICS/SPACE CADRE BRANCH
To align, organize, and integrate our processes in support of Commander, Navy Personnel Commands mission of manning the Fleet with ready Sailors - supporting their ability to serve from beginning to end.
Functions / Tasks
1. Allocates 1000/1050 designated billets among the Unrestricted Line (URL) and select Restricted Line (RL) communities using a fair-share distribution model based on available inventories, strength projections, and officers rotating through the Billet Fill Decision (BFD) process.
2. Allocates Major, Captain, and Commander Command billets according to the apportionment specified by N-13 (OPNAVNOTE 5450).
3. Performs detailed ad hoc analysis of manning, manpower, and billet data to develop and execute highly complex queries to retieve data for information and decision support briefs for numerous stakeholders.
4. Develops formats to accurately and concisely display distribution related metrics used to inform leadership of distribution inefficiencies, reduce the number of gapped billets, and track and mitigate control grade officer shortages.
5. Recieves, compiles, prepares, and distributes monthly MEFF (Measures of Effectiveness) briefs to designated stakeholders. Post monthly MEFF briefing data results to aid in the development of operational and budgetary planning decisions.
6. Develops and distribute the Monthly Officer Status Report (MOSR) to numerous personnel throughout the Navy, which provides a detailed breakdown of all officers by designators and billets.
7. Develops diversity reports as requested.
8. Performs personnel database update in conjunction with Hull Swaps/Homeport Shifts: Coordinates with Manning Control Authority (MCA), Type Commander (TYCOM), Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC), Navy Personnel Command Pers-4013 units, and applicable NPC Codes.
9. Manages and provides administrative support of the NPC Quad-9 Speciality Billet Manning Program to include the analyzing, consulting, and facilitating of special officer billet allocations requests and inquiries from NPC Placement Manning Officers and Washington DC Total Naval Workforce Staff Managers IAW NPC Quad-9 program directives.
10. Supports Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Command Priority Manning program by compiling various Manning Control Authority (MCA) metrics in regard to both shore and sea manning levels.
11. Updates and manages Permanent Change of Station (PCS) projection models to provide forcasting metrics to decision makers on expected PCS moves and obligations in future fiscal years.
12. Develop and updates various PCS/TDI/MPN/RPN Summary slides which track PCS obligations and total move counts in support of monthly NPC and Fleet briefings.
13. Develop and update numerous metrics, including strength, inventory, and billet analysis in support of monthly officer manning and Health of Force briefs.
14. Provides weekly summary of Overseas Contingency Operation (OCO) orders, Estimated Date of Departure (EDD) vs. orders release dates for active duty personnel.
15. Provides a monthly summary of all active duty personnel in a Limited Duty (LIMDU) status and officer Fit/Fill metrics to designated stakeholders.
16. Supports Pers-450J in compiling data related to Navy Subspecialty management.
17. Manages and coordinates quotas for officers attending designated Space Cadre and Command Leadership courses.
18. Serves as the Navy's Assistant Space Cadre Officer and liaison at Navy Personnel Command.
19. Supports CNO travel by providing current manning and assignment statisics of commands to be visited.