BOL will be unavailable from 25 August 2017 to 08 September 2017 to facilitate a technical refresh of the Millington Data Center.
***Commands will maintain control of all overseas screenings until BOL returns back online. Once BOL is fully functional commands will be responsible for updating all overseas screenings obtained during the maintenance period. NPC will verify that all overseas screening BOL accounts have been properly restored so allow 24-48 hours before updating accounts.***
Pers-45 is the focal point between Navy Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education (MPT&E) planners and assignment personnel, coordinating enlisted and officer assignment and distribution policy formulation and implementation between OPNAV and Pers-4.
Pers-451 ensures assignment and distribution policies and procedures are functional and implemented within BUPERS (Pers-4) and is responsible for:
· Formulation, coordination, updating, and monitoring assignment and distribution policies and procedures and promulgating changes in the MILPERSMAN and various other documents.
· Designating and reviewing enlisted/officer type duty (sea/shore codes).
· Determining and/or verifying sea/shore duty commencement dates.
· Maintaining a quality assurance team, analyzing and tracking officer and enlisted detailer compliance with DOD and Navy assignment and distribution policies and procedures, and maintaining records for DOD and Navy reporting requirements
· Tracking and analyzing improper overseas screening cases, obligated service discrepancies and other assignment and distribution issues, identifying assignment and distribution problem areas, and initiating policy reviews.
· Conducting assessments and tracking of requests for resignations, and release from active duty.
· Conducting and tracking Flag Level Reviews of assignments and providing QA, tracking, and recording systems for flag level waivers.
· Providing detailer and placement officer training.
· Secretarial authority to approve Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) waiver requests.
· Secretarial authority to approve Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) extension requests.
· Secretarial authority to approve Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) extension requests.
· Secretarial authority to approve Foreign Leave Travel requests.
· Coordinating issues that cross Pers-4 divisional lines and handling special projects and action items.