1. Visitation Call is held on Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. Visitation hours are normally 1230-1530, although changes may occur. Holiday visitation is authorized for New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
2. The address to Naval consolidated Brig Charleston is 1050 Remount Road, Building 3107, Charleston SC 29406-3515 and the telephone number is 843-794-0306, ext 3001. The brig is located on the Joint Base Charleston, South Annex, off Remount Road. Visitors may take the Rivers Avenue, Rhett Avenue, or Virginia Avenue exit off of I-526 in North charleston to access the South Annex. From the Rivers Avenue exit, head west on Rivers Avenue and turn right onto Remount Road, cross North Rhett Avenue, and the South Annex is on your left. From the Rhett Avenue exit, go north on North Rhett Avenue and turn right onto Remount Road and the South Annex is on your left. At the Virginia Avenue exit, go north on Virginia Avenue. After crossing a set of railroad tracks and reaching the yellow flashing light, turn left onto Remount Road. The turn right after approximately 1/4 mile into the South Annex of the Weapons Station. If the South Annex gate is closed, visitors must go to the Main Gate, Joint Base Charleston, Goose Creek and proceed to the brig.
3. Transportation is available to the brig by rental car, taxi, and SGE&G bus. Rental cars are available at the airport and rental car companies can be found in the Yellow Pages. Taxis are available 24-hours a day and can also be contacted by checking the Yellow Pages. Buses run each hour hour. The "Remount Road Bus" may be taken from Charleston and North Charleston. Once at the gate to the South Annex, the brig is a short walk with instructions from the gate guard; ID is required.
4. Visitors driving their own vehicles should proceed to the entrance gate off Remount Road and have picture ID (i.e. driver's license, government ID), automobile registration, and proof of auto insurance available in order to receive a Joint Base Charleston visitor's pass. Consolidated Brig signs will lead to Building 3107. Parking is available on the southeast side of the facility. The visitor's entrance is located in the middle of the front of the building by the flagpole. Personal identification in the form of a picture ID will also be required of each visitor in order to enter the brig visitation area. This ID will be exchanged for a brig visitor's badge at the time of visitor registration and it will be returned at the conclusion of the visit upon return of the visitor's badge. Children under the age of 16 will not be required to surrender a picture ID.
5. The uniform for prisoners and military members visiting in uniform will be clean and worn properly. The following civilian attire is considered inappropriate. Guest wearing such attire shall be refused visitation:
- Military clothing with ownership markings
- Tank-top shirts
- Cut-offs/unhemmed shorts/short shorts
- Bare feet
- Rubber shower shoes
- Halters/tops which display the bare midriff
- Any clothing revealing under garments or which is see-through
- White undershirts as outer garments
- Uncovered hair rollers
- Any clothing or dress appearance that would affect good order and discipline.
6. Prisoners are not permitted to give or receive any objects to/from visitors. Photographs may not be viewed or received during visitation. Visitors are required to deposit handbags, luggage, packages, ect., in lockers provided prior to entering the Visitation Room.
7. Visitors under the age of 18 will not be permitted unless they are spouse or are accompanied by one of their parents. An exception can be made in the case of your legal dependents, if the dependents are accompanied by an adult. You are permitted to hold your children (infants to 5 years of age). Visitors with small children (age 5 and below) may bring into the Visitation Room two small toys or books that are approved by the visitation supervisor. Visitors with infants may not take diaper bags into the visitation areas, diapers will be changed in the bathroom in the main lobby. One bottle will be allowed in the visitation room. Visitors are required to maintain control over their children. Running and loud/noisy behavior are not permitted.
8. For security reasons, prisoners are normally limited to three visitors at a time, except when space and facilities permit more, and then only with the authorization of the Visitation Supervisor. Further limitation as to the number of visitors may be imposed in order to maintain security and control, or due to space limitations.
9. Prisoners may engage in a short embrace, kiss, or handshake with visitors, within the bounds of good taste, at the beginning and end of the visit are permitted. Hand holding above the table is permitted.
10. Any misconduct during Visitation Call will result in termination of the visit and possible loss of your visiting privileges for a specified period of time.