NAMALA is located in Washington, D.C. Its mission is to administer centralized appellate leave/tracking for all Navy and Marine Corps members on appellate leave and members assigned to the Federal Bureau of Prisons who are awaiting results of appellate review. NAMALA performs the following functions:
1. Monitors the case status of members on mandatory/involuntary appellate leave and members assigned to the Federal Bureau of Prisons who are awaiting results of appellate review.
2. Validates appellate leave status for renewal of military identification cards.
3. Provides information as necessary about members on appellate leave to:
a. The Court of Military Review,
b. The Clemency and Parole Board,
c. Members on appellate leave, and
d. Other interested parties.
4. Effects punitive discharges when approved and as directed by the Judge Advocate General.
5. Effects clemency action as decided by the Navy and Marine Corps Clemency and Parole Board.
Commercial Phone: (202) 685-0101/0102
FAX: (202) 685-0606
1325 10th St., SE, Suite 303
Washington Navy Yard
Washington, DC 20374-5071