Submit your Small ACT Selfie and show how you can be there for Every Sailor, Every Day.
Since 2015, the 1 Small ACT Photo Gallery has provided the opportunity to promote practical applications of the Every Sailor, Every Day campaign's primary message through “Small ACT Selfies” housed on the U.S. Navy Operational Stress Control Flickr page (www.flickr.com/photos/navstress) and shared on Facebook (www.facebook.com/navstress). Participants can personalize their sign with an example of a Small ACT to be there for themselves (self-care), be there for others or describe what they are grateful for.
- Download and print the above Small ACT Selfie sign.
- Personalize it with an example of a Small ACT you can engage in to strengthen your psychological, physical and emotional health or a Small ACT to be there for others.
- Take a photo with your sign.
- Upload the photo to Facebook and tag @U.S. Navy Operational Stress Control and #1SmallACT. Include the information below in your caption. You may also email your photo and the following information to email@example.com.
- Command or organization; and
- Small ACT written on sign in photo.
- Submissions will also be accepted through the Real Warriors mobile app from compatible devices, and may be viewed on realstrength.realwarriors.net from any device.
- Upload a photograph of yourself (a selfie) or your shipmates holding up the number one (index fingers only) via the Real Warriors App.
- Select a Real Warriors Campaign banner that will be placed across the bottom of the image. For example, “Real Strength.”
- Caption your photo with your “1 Small ACT.”
- Submit photo to app. Your image will be shared with thousands of fellow service members and families, and will be posted in the 1 Small ACT Photo Gallery.
- Print the sign in landscape mode for best results, in color if possible.
- Please be sure to write in LARGE PRINT using a bold marker so that your sign can be easily read across all platforms (desktop and mobile).
- Individuals or groups (units, commands, friends, families, etc.) may submit photo with individual signs or one sign representing a group commitment.
- Participation is open to service members, family members, DoD civilians and contractors, and members of the public. However, submissions may be subject to local public affairs or organization policies. Please obtain necessary permission before submitting, if required.
- Photos will be rejected if they contain commercial endorsements, personal information including but not limited to addresses or phone numbers, content that may violate operations security, offensive or objectionable language or content.