General Job Description
Command Climate Specialists (CCSs) serve as primary advisors and subject matter experts to Commanders and Command Managed Equal Opportunity (CMEO) Managers, and provide assistance to other members in the chain of command on Equal Opportunity (EO) issues. In this capacity, CCSs provide EO briefings, training, and assist visits to subordinate commands. CCSs are highly encouraged to address graduating resident and Mobile Training Team CMEO Manager classes. CCSs typically do not conduct command investigations into EO issues, but instead serve as EO process advisors and reviewing subject matter experts. For specific duties, roles, and responsibilities for each type of CCS, click on links below.
Types of CCSs
1. Echelon II Staff CCS - Assigned to Echelon II headquarters commands.
2. Regional CCS - Assigned to an Echelon III command and reports directly to the regional commander.
3. Installation CCS - Assigned to Echelon IV commands.
4. Echelon III & IV Staff CCS - Assigned to Echelon III and IV commands.
5. Command/Afloat CCS - Assigned to Echelon IV, V, and VI commands.
6. Training CCS - Assigned to DEOMI, and CPPD learning sites.
To locate a CCS, please contact Navy Sexual Harassment Prevention and Equal Opportunity Office Advice Line at 1-800-253-0931.