DUTIES, ROLES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise between the command and the Navy Sexual Harassment Prevention and Equal Opportunity Office, Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, and Naval Education and Training Command and Center for Personal and Professional Development (CPPD).
- Conduct on-site Command Managed Equal Opportunity (CMEO) program review of immediate subordinate commands. Ensure that commands, at a minimum, comply with the CMEO checklist.
- Coordinate with CPPD and learning sites to align resident and Mobile Training Team training requirements for regional, CMEO and Command Training Team Indoctrination courses.
- Provide supplemental EO/CMEO training and assist visits to subordinate or regional commands as requested.
- Monitor headquarters/subordinate commands annual EO training.
- Monitor headquarters/subordinate commands EO climate assessments and ensure Echelon II or III review and maintain executive summaries for historical files (3 years) .
- Monitor subordinate commands EO/SH message status.
- Review all subordinate commands formal administrative EO/SH complaints.
- Coordinate administrative actions with the Staff Judge Advocate, Inspector General, and staff assistants as necessary.
- Advise headquarters staff on all EO/SH policies and issues.
- Provide commanders a verbal and written brief/report of command and subordinate or regional command climate and areas of concern.
- Ensure subordinate-command Command Climate Specialist (CCSs) receive annual follow-on training. This may be accomplished by symposium attendance, Video Telephone Conference training, etc.
- Provide command or regional guidance on all Department of Defense national heritage observances for command, subordinate commands, and region (if applicable) .
- Maintain a current point of contact listing of subordinate command and regional CCSs.
- Conduct an annual review of subordinate commands executive summaries, and provide a summary of areas of concern to the commander.