Note: CCSs assigned to aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships shall be utilized as the Strike Group subject matter expert on all matters relating to EO and command climate assessments, while the Strike Group Commander is embarked. The CCS shall serve as the primary advisor to all commands assigned to the Strike Group.
DUTIES, ROLES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise commanders on formulation and implementation of changes to EO/SH policy and diversity issues.
- Serve as single POC for all command/Strike Group EO concerns.
- Provide counseling/advice regarding conflict resolution and grievance/redress procedures.
- Provide CMEO overview and assist visits (as requested/directed).
- Conduct command/Strike Group training as necessary.
- Provide verbal/written brief/report of command/Strike Group EO status (minimum of once per month) .
- Assist CMEO Manager(s) with understanding their role and responsibility in the effective execution of the EO program.
- Monitor subordinate and area command's EO climate and provide training as needed.
- Review/monitor all command/Strike Group investigations into EO issues with legal and provide assistance as needed.
Note: CCSs do not conduct investigations due to perception of conflict of interest.
- Provide guidance to CMEO Managers regarding processing of EO complaints.
- Compile executive summaries and review.