The Navy World Wide Locator helps locate individuals who are either in the Navy (Active Duty and Reserve) or who were in the Navy (Retired, Discharged or Separated). Service member's addresses are protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act and cannot be released. However, we are able to forward mail. If you would like us to forward correspondence to a service member you may mail it to the mailing address below. It will be up to the member to contact you.
Navy World Wide Locator Mailing Address:
Navy World Wide Locator
Navy Personnel Command
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055
There is "NO FEE" if you are a family member or calling on official Government business. There is no fee for requesting less than 9 searches. For all others, the fee for researching an address is $3.50 per each address. Send fee made payable by check or money order to the "Treasurer of the United States." Fees are retained in cases resulting in an unsuccessful search. Submit the following information along with the appropriate fee to the Navy World Wide Locator address above.
- Service Member's Full Name (First, Middle, Last)
- Service Member's SSN (if known)
- Service Member's Date of Birth (DOB) (if known)
- Service Member's Previous Duty Stations (if known)
- Requestor's E-mail Address
- Requestor's Mailing Address
If you are looking to obtain a Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Certificate you may:
1. Obtain a SCRA certificate of service or non-service from Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC)
You will need to provide either the service member's SSN and last name or last name and month and birth year. Click on SCRA and logon to complete the request. There is "NO CHARGE" for the certificate if requested through DMDC.
2. Request through Navy World Wide Locator
There is a fee of $5.20 for each SCRA certificate requested from the Navy World Wide Locator when requesting more than 5 searches. There is no fee for 5 or less searches. Send fee made payable by check or money order to the "Treasurer of the United States" to the address above and provide the same information as above.
Department of the Navy's Chief Information Officer (DON CIO) message 081745Z NOV 12 provides updated guidance regarding the use of fax machines to transmit Personally Identifiable Information (PII). The policy message can be found "HERE".
Policy Summary - The applicable message states that the use of fax machines to send information containing SSN and other PII by DON personnel is prohibited except under the following circumstances:
- When another more secure means of transmitting PII is not practical.
- When a process outside of DON control requires faxing to activities such as the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), TRICARE, Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC), etc.
- In cases where operational necessity requires expeditious handling.
- When faxing PII related to internal government operations only (i.e. office phone number, rank, job title, etc.).
- When sending an applicable fax, utilize a Privacy Act Data Cover Sheet (DD Form 2923) and verify receipt by the correct addressee.
For additional information, click Other Armed Forces Locator Service and Veteran Organizations.
Click Naval Historical Center and Navy Ship Deck Logs for information on Naval History.