Submission to Obtain Survey Approval is a 5-part Process
1. Example Survey Request Letter. Request letters should outline the survey execution plan by addressing briefly (maximum of three pages) the purpose, justification for the survey, participation (including numbers and key groups of interest), survey technical development, communications plan for results, sponsor POC, and performing activity POC.
2. Example Survey Endorsement Letter. Letter should be signed by a Flag officer or SES. Each endorsement letter must include: "This survey will require (total number) man-hours at an approximate cost to the Navy of (cost)." Hours and cost should be taken from the completed Report Analysis Data Estimate.
3. CAPE. This form estimates the cost to complete the project.
4. Report Analysis Data. This form estimates the cost for respondents to answer the survey.
5. Final Survey Draft. Survey packet should include cover letters or instructions that will accompany survey as well as the survey itself with the Privacy Act prominently displayed.
COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive,
Millington TN 38055-0000