Shape Navy policy, strategy, and program execution, strengthening Navy's diverse and inclusive culture. Utilize best practices, collaboration, and data-driven decisions, ensuring all Sailors have the opportunity to succeed and contribute to mission success.
1. Advises CHNAVPERS, division directors, domain leadership, and staff on inclusion and diversity matters.
2. Promotes a culture within the Navy that capitalizes upon inclusion and diversity through proactive assessment of Navy policies, strategies, and program execution.
3. Executes Talent Management Executive Steering Committee (TM-ESC); oversees Community Self-Assessments, Navy Engagement Strategy, and Navy inclusion and diversity training.
4. Evaluates policies to remove institutional barriers to recruitment and retention of a highly-skilled workforce with diverse perspectives.
5. Coordinates with enterprises and communities to collect and verify data on the composition of their workforce compared to the Navy as a whole and, when available, their civilian equivalent.
6. Communicates current information regarding inclusion and diversity matters and programs.
7. Maintains close liaison with Department of the Navy, other Services, and external agencies on matters supporting enhancement of inclusion and diversity within Navy's culture.
8. Provides subject matter expertise to N1 on inclusion and diversity policy.
POC: Navy Inclusion and Diversity: ALTN_USN_INCLUSION_AND_DIVERSITY@navy.mil
Naval Support Facility Arlington
Chief of Naval Personnel (OPNAV N1D)
701 South Courthouse Road (Bldg. 12, Rm. 3R180)
Arlington, Virginia 22204
|Links to Non-governmental Websites - The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy, and the Navy Personnel Command of the linked websites, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy, and the Navy Personnel Command does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD website.|