The BUPERS IMO delivers mission capabilities while improving alignment and business performance through Information Resource Management, Enhanced Cyber Security, Technical Controls, and Enterprise Architecture.
Our FY13 focus includes
- Support BPM/NPC, NRC, NAVMAC, CNRFC Vision and Mission
- "Provide Secure, Reliable, Next Generation Information Technologies and Business Capabilities"
- Continue to grow as a responsive, customer driven organization
- Improve BUPERS "Data Management" capability by refining data governance and data management processes
- Improve IT investment management capability through disciplined Portfolio Management processes
- Improve the Millington security/IA posture
- Provide Project Management support and project oversight to ensure cost, schedule, and performance goals are met
- Provide timely NGEN/NMCI support services
- BUPERS IMO 11/12/13 Human Capital Strategy
- Define/Develop Core Competencies for IT Workforce
- Stand up Business Process Management Workforce
- Stand up Data Management Workforce
- Right Sizing Government Workforce
- Developed Hiring Standards/Processes
- In-sourcing Initiative (RMD 802)
- IT Financial Management / Investment Control
- Support the POM Process
- Quarterly Program Review (QPR)
- Transparency in IT System Availability Status Reporting
- Authoritative Data Environment Build Out
- Migration to iNavy SharePoint Portal
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Planning
- BUPERS 07/08 Merge
BUPERS-071 - Capital Planning and NMCI
BUPERS-072 - IT Investment Management
BUPERS-073 - Information Assurance
BUPERS-074 - Project Management Support
BUPERS-075 - Business Intelligence, Innovation, and Technology
Please review the IMO Organizational Brief or follow the links to the left to learn more (UPDATE NOV 12).
For recent IMO guidance and news relating to compliance, please visit our BYTE Newsletter below.