Selection for the limited available Officer Candidate School (OCS) billets is extremely competitive. Ensure you work with your local Officer Recruiter, your SEAL Mentor (email@example.com), and the SEAL Officer Community Manager (OCM) to ensure your package is complete.
For more information about OCS and to find your local officer recruiter, visit the OCS website.
SEAL Officer applicants desiring to gain their commission through OCS must submit an OCS package to their Officer Recruiter and an NSW Officer package to the SEAL OCM. The OCS and NSW Officer application processes are separate and run concurrently. Both must be successful to become a SEAL Officer.
OCS candidates selected for a SEAL officer panel interview will be contacted via the SEAL Officer Community Manager (OCM) and their Navy Officer recruiter with details.
• See Important Dates
• September of year applying: NRC typically releases results. Applicants receive notification from their recruiter.
MANMED P-117 Chapter 15, Section 105 – eye requirements on pages 32 and 91.
OPNAVINST 1420.1B (Chapter 4)
MANMED P-117 (Chapter 15)
MILPERSMAN 1210-220 (Section 7)
SEAL PA 100D July 2016 (available from your recruiter).
MILPERSMAN 1220-410 - PST requirements
SEAL Officer Application Contents
1. Complete NSW Applicant Questionnaire.
2. Photograph: a color photo of the applicant—full length 4x6—is optional, although strongly encouraged. Attach photo to NAVPERS 1070/884 and fill out blocks 1, 5, and 6.
3. PST Test Results Form: test must be administered by a SEAL Mentor or qualified Naval Special Warfare tester.
4. Resume or Curriculum Vitae. There is no specific format required. Include accurate contact information. If you have ever applied or competed to become a SEAL Officer, include date applied or competed and how far into the process you got.
5. No more than two (2) Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- The LOR should not solely be character references. These should be used as a tool to highlight your accomplishments, experiences, and leadership potential.
- There is not a required format for LOR. Address the LOR to "President, SEAL Officer Selection Panel". Direct questions and mail completed packages to “SEAL Officer Community Manager”, in accordance with the guidance for package submission.
6. Official College Transcript
7. DD2807: medical history. **Active Duty Only**
8. DD2808: medical exam stamped "PQ for diving duty". **Active Duty Only**
9. N3M Letter obtained from Naval Recruiting Command (NRC) after reviewing your MEPS Physical. This takes the place of DD2807 and DD2808. **Civilians Only**
**Submit Package via Officer Recruiter and notify SEAL_OCM@navy.mil of package submittal.**
**Please encrypt any e-mails containing PII and ensure compliance of your command's PII guidance. If you do choose to send unencrypted e-mails containing your PII understand the risk involved. **