Determine when you can roll – PRD
• PRD is a function of nominal tour length 32 months, ship schedule, manning, and availability of relief
• Talk to your XO and CO
• XO will discuss your relief timing with the DH sea detailer
• Talk with you XO and CO and determine what month you will detach from the ship
Establish Communications 6 – 9 months from PRD.
• Update contact information on BOL (detailers use the information to contact officers for all personnel matters to include pre board record review and detailing)
• Review the Post-DH Slate on the PERS-42 website
• Review the slate for jobs that are within -1/+3 months of your expected detach date
• Email the detailer the following information 5-6 months prior to your expected detach date using the template on the following page
Estimated detach date (EDD) to be based on ship's needs/schedule
If you are enrolled in the EFM program (what category and last time updated)
Command Qual status
Most recent squadron ranking
Good work and personal phone numbers and e-mails
Top 10 preferences for follow-on
If you intend on resigning/retiring or are considering resigning/retiring
****Please explain your preferences; e.g. I listed five jobs in DC because I really want to get to DC or I listed three waterfront jobs because my number one priority is to stay on the waterfront. Also, please tell me what you do not want; e.g. my last location preference is Guam or I will go anywhere except DC. This is the most important information other than your contact info that you provide to me. ****
Tour assignments based on:
• DH Experience (Eng-served, STRAT Weps-served)
• Needs of Submarine Force/Navy
** POST DH DEMAND SIGNAL MAY RESULT IN LIMITED FLEXIBILITY, BUT EARLY AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION WILL ENSURE THE NEEDS OF THE OFFICER AND FORCE ARE MET.
Please email the detailer using the following template:
Subj: "LT First Last, NAV SHIP, EDD 1512 (December 2015) or EDD 150X (Month 2015)"
In the body of the e-mail, please provide the following:
"Detailer, LT First Last, NAV SHIP, EDD 1509 (September 2015)
I am command qual complete. (or) I am 70% command qual complete and will (or will not) be completed by when I rotate.
My most recent squadron ranking is #3/7 NAVs; #5/21 DH overall in CSS-XX. (or) I do not have my most recent squadron ranking.
I do not (or) do intend on resigning/retiring directly off the ship.
I am (am not) enrolled in the EFM program and am Category X. I last updated my EFM status on DD MMM YY.
My top 10 preferences for follow-on assignments are as follows:
4. Naval War College
6. Something awesome
10. Did I mention that my wife and I would love to go to Europe?
Any additional information you want me to know.
LT First Last
USS CITY NAME