Welcome to the Engineering Duty Officer Community
Providing the Technical and Business Solutions in support of our Naval and Joint Forces
----------- ED News! ----------
- The EDO Billet Listing, All EDO Alpha Roster, ED Geolocator and Precedence List is posted in NKO EDO Site. Follow the Detailer Shop link, under the Community Manager box. The files are password protected. Contact the Detailers for access.
- Interested in the Career Intermission Pilot Program (CIPP)? Find out more information about CIPP in this overview.
- The November 2012 Lateral Transfer Board has convened. The results of the board will be released via naval message.
- Are you In-zone for 2013 Promotion? Is your record up-to-date?
Use Web Enabled Record Review
to see if your color photo, FITREPs and awards are included in your record (BOL login required).
Are you an Acquisition Corps Member? We have found a number of O-4 and senior ED's in the community that are NOT Acquisition Corps members. Please visit the NPC Acquisition web page for information on the February 2012 Acquisition Board to become a member.
- ED Detailers are up on Twitter and Facebook:
The purpose of the Engineering Duty Officer Community is to provide experienced Naval Engineers known for bringing effective technical and business solutions in support of Naval Power 21; respected for integrity, adaptability, and agility.
Engineering Duty Officers ensure that our Naval and Joint Forces operate and fight with the most capable platforms possible. We are involved with the design, acquisition, construction, repair, maintenance, conversion, overhaul, and disposal of ships, submarines, aircraft carriers and the systems on those platforms (weapons, command and control, communications, computers, etc). ED Officers are unique to the navy because we all start our career as URL officers. First, we learn how to operate ships or submarines. Next, all ED's obtain technical/engineering masters degrees. Then, we combine that operational experience and technical knowledge to become the technical business leaders for the navy.