Officer Training Command/Officer Candidate School - Class Chief Petty Officer (NEC-9508)/(NEC-9502)
Officer Training Command Mission
The mission at Officer Training Command is to morally, mentally, and physically develop future Leaders of Character and Competence, imbuing them with the highest ideals of Honor, Courage, and Commitment to serve as Professional Naval Officers worthy of special trust and confidence.
Courses taught at Officer Training Command
Officer Training Command trains over 1500 students/candidates each year, and is the largest officer's accession training command in the military through various training courses; Officer Candidate School (OCS), Officer Development School (ODS), Direct Commission Officer Indoctrination Course (DCOIC) and the Naval Sciences Institute (STA-21).
Recruit Division Commander/Class Chief Petty Officer Job description/entitlements
Sailors will be slated as Class Chief Petty Officers but are detailed as Recruit Division Commander (RDC) qualified (9508) NEC entitled to Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP). The Class Chief Petty Officers function as senior enlisted technical experts and are responsible for the training, administration, good order and discipline and general welfare of assigned students throughout all phases of training.
Position Screening Requirements
The billet position is a 36 month commitment. A Sailor must submit a screening package which must be routed through the chain of command and forwarded to the Navy Special Programs detailer NPC 4010D2. The package will be sent to Officer Training Command Career Counselor and Senior Enlisted Leader for further review followed by a telephone or video teleconference interview. If accepted after the screening process NPC 4010D2 will process orders. The Sailor will receive follow-on training at RTC “C” (NEC 9508) School Great Lakes and Journeyman Instructor Training (NEC 9502).
The following are the minimum screening requirements:
• Be in paygrade E-7 or above
• Be able to operate independently.
• Be Warfare qualified. Waiver on a case by case basis.
• Have completed a minimum activity tour or two years (or DOD tour where applicable).
• Screen for 9508 duty as outlined in MILPERSMAN 1306-954.
• Must pass RDC "C" School.
• Must be mature and well seasoned as a CPO, stay in great physical shape and be able to lead exercise on a daily basis with students/candidates.
Some of the benefits of RDC/Class Chief Petty Officer duty are:
• $450 per month Special Duty Assignment Pay.
• $220 annual uniform upkeep stipend.
• Opportunity to earn a Master Training Specialist qualification (similar to warfare qual on shore duty).
• The best leadership job in the Navy.
Per the ACE evaluation, RDC's will earn up to 24 college credits, both upper and lower towards a bachelor's degree
For more information on Officer Training Command go to http://www.ocs.navy.mil/
For additional information please contact:
YNCS(SW/AW) Michael Campbell 901-874-3878/DSN 882-3878
HMC(FMF) Joshua McCullough 901-874-3855/DSN 882-3855