U.S. Naval Academy/Preparatory School
Shape the future leaders of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corp. The United States Naval Academy, United States Naval Academy Preparatory School (NAPS) is looking for highly-motivated and top performing Chief Petty Officers to lead, train, and mentor Midshipmen, Officer Candidates and Cadets. As a Senior Enlisted Leader or Company Chief you will have a direct impact upon the leadership development of Midshipmen, Candidates and Cadets, as they work to become Commissioned Officers. Duty as a Senior Enlisted Leader is very demanding and extremely rewarding. They must present a high-caliber personal example through their daily interactions and exemplify what it means to serve in the United States Armed Forces.
The Senior Enlisted Leader is a good blend of Recruit Division Commander (RDC) and Command Master Chief (CMC). During their three year tour, the Chief teaches leadership from experience, and earns respect from the Midshipmen, Candidates and Cadets that will stay with them throught the length of their careers as Naval and Marine Corp. Officers.
The following are the minimum screening requirements:
- Be in paygrade E-7 or above
- Be able to operate independently.
- Be Warfare qualified. Waiver on a case by case basis.
- Have completed a minimum activity tour or two years (or DOD tour where applicable).
- Screen for 9508 duty as outlined in MILPERSMAN 1306-954.
- Must pass RDC "C" School.
- Must be mature and well seasoned as a CPO, stay in great physical shape and be able to lead exercise on a daily basis with Midshipman.
Some of the benefits of Company Chief duty are:
- $450 per month Special Duty Assignment Pay.
- $220 annual uniform upkeep stipend.
- Opportunity to earn a Master Training Specialist qualification (similar to warfare qual on shore duty).
- Perhaps the best leadership job in the Navy.
- Per the ACE evaluation, RDC's will earn up to 24 college credits, both upper and lower towards a bachelor's degree.
For additional information you may contact: