"Successful Sailors are our Business"
PERS-407 is currently accepting packages from E5 through E7 that are interested in becoming a HM Detailer. Nominees must currently be assigned to an operational billet on SEA DUTY (Afloat or FMF). NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are interested in a detailing position at PERS-407 and are currently within 15-12 months from your PRD, please submit a package using the following guidelines.
If advertised via BBD (CMSID) Sailor will receive an email identifying required screening documents listed below to submit to PERS 4010. Our Staff of Detailers and Administrative support personnel are "hand-selected" through an application process that starts with the member' previous commands having highly endorsed these Sailors for continued success in representing and guiding our 25,000+ Hospital Corpsmen.
Each package must include the following enclosures
1. Commanding Officer's/Officer In Charge endorsement, to include answers to: Opinion, as reflected in performance evaluations during the past five years, whether or not the Sailor's performance warrants assignment as an Enlisted Detailer. Does the Sailor have any pending requests? (i.e. rate conversion, commissioning program, C-school) Has the Sailor received letter(s) of indebtedness or had indication of serious financial problems within the past 36 months?
2. NAVPERS 1306/7 Special Program Screening Form
3. Copy of last three years of Performance Evaluations.
4. Copy of last three years of PRIMS to include PRT and BCA data.
5. Recent, standard full-length photograph with a three-quarter view, in a short-sleeved uniform. Digitally reproduced photographs are acceptable and recommended, however, if the photograph will be electronically transferred, ensure that it is in JPEG or similar format. Do not forward a scanned or photocopied picture.
Pers-407 networks with other appropriate counter-parts (CMCs, CCCs, Pers-4013, ECM, MCA, BUMED, etc.) to ensure that the most accurate information is communicated and distributed to the fleet. These processes have improved the pipeline for getting "the right Sailor to the right Job!"
Packages will be reviewed on a continual basis and notification will be made within 30 days of receipt. If not selected at time of submission, your package will be kept on file for a period of two years.
If you have any questions, please contact P407 DSN: 882-3797 or Comm: (901)874-3797