Yeoman - Submarines (YNS)
Yeoman (Submarines) receive extensive training in administrative support to officers and enlisted personnel. Responsible for information related to Navy occupations, general education, requirements for promotion, and rights and benefits, Yeoman (Submarines) keep the ship’s daily schedule running by receiving visitors, answering the telephone, sorting mail, organizing files and operating modern office equipment. Yeoman also order and distribute clerical supplies.
The submarine YN focuses on Executive Administration. As a YN(SS) you also play a vital role in personnel support.
What they do
- preparing and typing correspondence and reports
- organizing and maintaining files
- receiving office visitors and handling telephone communications
- operating computers, word processing, duplicating, audio-recording and other office machines
- performing administrative functions for legal proceedings
- serving as office managers
- performing other various clerical and administrative duties
- interviewing personnel
- writing official letters and correspondence
- maintaining enlisted/officer service records