CE Community Overview
CE Career Path
Construction Electricians build, maintain, and operate power production facilities and electrical distribution systems for Naval installations. This is a 5 year enlistment program.
What They Do
The duties performed by CEs include:
- installing, maintaining and repairing telephone systems and high and low voltage electrical power distribution networks, both overhead and underground;
- splicing and laying cables, erecting poles, stringing wires and installing transformers and distribution panels;
- installing, repairing and maintaining street lighting, fire alarm, public address, inter-office and telephone switchboard systems;
- installing, maintaining and repairing interior wiring for lighting and electrical equipment;
- working with batteries, electric motors, relays, solenoids and switches;
operating electrical generators
- reading and interpreting blueprints and preparing sketches for projects;
making estimates of material, labor, and equipment requirements.
CEs may work in a variety of conditions, independently or as members of a large team. Their many different duties may be performed in climates ranging from desert to arctic.
ASVAB: AR + MK + EI + GS = 201
Must have normal color perception
20/20 correctable vision