Cryptologic Technician - Technical (CTT)
CTT Community Overview
CTT Career Path
Cryptologic Technicians (Technical) perform a variety of specialized duties associated with the collection and processing of airborne, shipborne, and land-based radar signals. They operate electronic intelligence receiving and direction finding systems, digital recording devices, analysis terminals, and associated computer equipment. Systems they operate produce high-power jamming signals used to deceive electronic sensors and defeat radar guided weapons systems. Additionally, intelligence derived from collection and processing update national databases which are crucial to tactical and strategic units throughout the world. Initial training is located in Pensacola, Florida.
What They Do
The duties performed by CTTs include:
- operating collection and analysis consoles on surface, subsurface, and airborne platforms, as well as at shore commands
- the first line of defense against inbound threats and anti-ship missiles for deployed units
- working with highly classified and technical material in support of national security
- providing electronic intelligence support to commands throughout the world;
tracking surface and airborne targets of interest to determine defensive maneauvers and tactics in case of attack
- operating electronic detection and deception systems
- operating state-of-the-art electronic receivers, signal modifiers, digital recording devices and associated peripherals in collection of airborne, shipborne, and land-based radar signals
- performing in-depth technical analysis of radar signals/systems to produce technical reports and briefs for operational facilities in the United States, Hawaii, Japan, Spain, Great Britain, Australia, and various remote sites throughout the world
- creating and maintaining technical databases used by local and national level agencies
CTT functions are performed in clean, orderly, air-conditioned spaces, with little supervision. Personnel in the CTT ratings normally work with other intelligence and cryptology specialists on tasks that require more mental than physical effort.
- ASVAB: VE + MK + GS = 162 (CTT 4YO) or AR + MK + EI + GS = 223 (CTT AEF)
- Must have normal hearing
- SSBI required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Notes SSBI originated at RTC. Applicant must be U.S. citizen. Moral turpitude offense(s) are generally disqualifying. Personal security screening interview will be conducted by a Cyber Forces Command special security representative. Former members of the Peace Corps are not eligible. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED, CPT, home study or other equivalency).
CTT TECHAD (901) 874-2903