Get the most from your Navy Career …
It is important that you be thoroughly familiar with and use your Navy Career Tools. If you do not use them you will miss the opportunities and advantages provided for you.
Get started -
1. Download and review the Sailor Career Toolbox user aid
(updated 27 JAN 2015, click hyperlink on the right).
2. Establish your online accounts.
3. Use Career Tools to manage your Navy career.
IMPORTANT: You must be proactive and take all necessary actions to verify your personnel records are current, accurate and complete. Doing so will ensure your career achievements are available when reviewed for advancement, selection for retention or special programs, and/or assignment to desired jobs.
- Personnel Records Review -
a step-by-step inventory of your OMPF and ESR for completeness and accuracy. (Interactive MS Word document updated 3 MAR 2015)
- "Review Your OMPF and ESR" -
an illustrated guide that supports the "Personnel Records Review" user aid. (MS Powerpoint brief updated 27 AUG 2014)
- Officer Record Management
(pdf document JUL 2014)
- How to achieve accurate Pay and Personnel Transactions and Records -
3 steps to ensure accuracy of personnel records – for Sailors, Commands, and Personnel Support Detachments (pdf document JAN 2015)
- Pay/Personnel Standard Operating Procedures -
detailed guidance on who should do what and when (including your own responsibilities when initiating and verifying transactions). (Online system; CAC required.)
- NAVADMIN 043/15, Guidance for Using Pay and Personnel Standard Operating Procedures - Effective immediately, all Navy commands [includes Sailor, CPC, CCC, PSD, CSD, etc.], are directed to use the SOPs when performing pay and personnel transactions.
Manage Personnel and Career Information -
Use these systems to view, verify and update your Navy personnel records.
Enhance Professional and Personnel Growth -
Use these systems to enhance your knowledge, skills, education, and career opportunities.
- Navy eLearning (NeL)
- access via Navy Knowledge Online
- Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (Navy COOL)
- United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP)
- Sailor/Marine Online Academic Advisor (SMOLAA)
- access via JST (SMART)
Explore Career Opportunities -
Use these systems to explore career options and submit job applications.
Please send feedback and recommendations for improvement to this website and its contents to email@example.com.