Get the most from your Navy Career …
It is important that you be thoroughly familiar with and use your Navy Career Tools. If you do not use them, you will miss the opportunities and advantages provided for you.
1. Download and review the Sailor Career Toolbox user aid (updated 15 MAY 2017, click hyperlink on the right).
2. Establish your online accounts.
3. Use Career Tools to manage your Navy career.
IMPORTANT: You must be proactive and take all necessary actions to verify your personnel records are current, accurate and complete. Doing so will ensure your career achievements are available when reviewed for advancement, selection for retention or special programs, and/or assignment to desired jobs.
Scroll down for links to systems in your "Career Toolbox.”
- Personnel Records Review -
a step-by-step inventory of your OMPF and ESR for completeness and accuracy.
(Interactive MS Word document updated 2 MAR 2018)
- "Review Your OMPF and ESR" -
an illustrated guide that supports the "Personnel Records Review" user aid.
(MS Powerpoint brief updated 5 MAR 2018)
- How to maintain accurate Personnel Records -
3 steps to ensure accuracy of personnel records – for Sailors, Commands, and Personnel Support Detachments. (pdf document updated 19 DEC 2016)
- Pay/Personnel/Travel Standard Operating Procedures -
detailed guidance on who should do what and when (including your own responsibilities when initiating and verifying transactions). (Online system; CAC required. Users must now register for an iNAVY account: https://inavy.accessrequest.portal.navy.mil.)
- NAVADMIN 043/15, Guidance for Using Pay and Personnel Standard Operating Procedures - All Navy [includes Sailor, CPC, CCC, ESO, PSD, CSD, etc.] are directed to use the SOPs when performing pay and personnel transactions.
View My Navy Portal (Beta)
– My Navy Portal (MNP) is the first implementation of your “one-stop-shop” for personnel, training, and education information and resources. Login, explore, and submit your recommendations for future capability.
SAILOR CAREER TOOLBOX
Validate Personnel Information - Use these tools to verify your Navy career and personnel data.
Enhance Professional and Personal Growth - Use these tools to enhance your knowledge, skills, education, and career opportunities.
Explore Career Opportunities - Use these tools to explore your career options.
Please send feedback and recommendations for improvement to this website and its contents to email@example.com.
Page updated on 5 MAR 2018.