Featuring the latest information and updates regarding your Navy Career Tools.
CMS‐ID Account Re‐enablement Process
For security reasons, CMS‐ID accounts are disabled after 60 days without a login. When this occurs, users are currently required to call the CMS‐ID Help Desk to re‐enable their accounts. In MAY 2016, a new automated account reenablement process is effective for Enlisted users who are assigned one of the following CMS‐ID user roles (or combination of these roles) and have no other user roles in the system:
Reserve User—View Only
NOTE: Enlisted members with these user roles who also have additional higher roles, such as Career Counselor or Command will not have this new feature.
NISPS CPC User Role
NSIPS 1.4.5 (released MAR 2016) established the Command PASS Coordinator (CPC) role in NSIPS. This is the first of three phased releases - the first is for the Active Duty Component with "Inquire" (view only) and, in some instances, "Inquire" (view) and "Print" of certain Electronic Service Record (ESR) functions. View two "What's New for You" user aids:
- NSIPS CPC User Role #1 walks you through the steps required to request the CPC role within the NSIPS environment, once NSIPS access has been granted through your PSD NSIPS Access Manager (NAM).
- NSIPS CPC User Role #2 provides information for how to get to the NSIPS ESR page once you have been granted access
- What's New For You? -- find a consolidated list of NSIPS news products, including one announcing the new CPC Activity Report
Career Tools for Afloat Sailors
1. The Career Tools Afloat (CTA) page simplifies Sailor access to personnel and training applications that reside on NIAPS, NSIPS or the Internet. Afloat Sailors should look for the CTA page in order to find Navy eLearning (NeL) Afloat, Electronic Service Record (ESR) Afloat, Electronic Training Jacket (ETJ) Afloat, and FLTMPS Afloat.
2. Maintenance Upgrade 1B-5, or MU1B-5, gave afloat Sailors and Training Officers a way to know for sure if Navy eLearning Afloat on NIAPS is working reliably or not. It also provided new functionality to the Electronic Training Jacket Afloat and FLTMPS Afloat.