Return to Home Page
Skip navigation links
Career Info
Support & Services
Reference Library

Section 641, Public Law 105-85 provides a one-time option for you to discontinue your participation.  A Survivor Benefit Plan Termination Request (DD Form 2656-2) must be completed and mailed to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service in Cleveland.  The one-year window begins on the second anniversary of receipt of retired pay and ends on the ends on the third anniversary.

Once participation is discontinued under this provision there will be no refunds of past premiums paid nor will any benefits be paid in conjunction with your previous participation.

You will not be able to resume participation for any category of beneficiary.