Civilian Employment Information (CEI) Update
To update your Civilian Employment Information, login to Navy Knowledge Online (NKO), and then click on the IRR Annual Screening link (top right) to view and update your CEI data.
1. If you are Unemployed: select "None Apply" from the Employment Status Code drop down menu. You will only need to enter a start date for your unemployment in the "Current Position Begin Date" field (mon-dd-yyyy). You can estimate this date if you are not sure. Then scroll to the bottom and click "Save" to finish.
2. If you are a Student: select "Student" from the Employment Status Code drop down menu. You will only need to enter a start date for your student status in the "Current Position Begin Date" field (mon-dd-yyyy). You can estimate this date if you are not sure. Then, scroll to the bottom and click "Save" to finish.
3. If you are currently Employed: select either "Full Time" or "Part Time" and fill out all the required fields. In the "Current Position Title" enter your job title. If you are "Self Employed" indicate that at the bottom of the page.
4. If you are currently a Volunteer: select "Volunteer" and fill out all the required fields.
5. If more than one of the "Employment Status Code" selections applies to you (i.e., Part Time employed AND Student): only provide Employment information.
If you encounter problems, try using the "Help" menu on the left side of the screen or call 1-800-535-2699 for assistance, or you may email IRR_COUNSELOR@navy.mil.
To Resolve Problems Accessing the Virtual Screening
If the website you are visiting is prompting/telling you it is not trusted or there is a certificate error, you need to update your DoD certificates. This can be done at: http://militarycac.com/.
These are free certificates to update your personal computer.
Scroll down page until you see “Installation Steps” box on left side of screen.
In the “Installation Steps” Box, Select step 3: Blue DoD Certificates Hyperlink
Scroll down page
Under the Large blue font “Download InstallRoot 3.15a from www.militarycac.com
Select the Blue ZIP FILE
Double Click the ZIP FILE “InstallRoot_v3.15A.exe”
“Are you sure you want to run?” Select YES
Click “RUN” again
You will see a black screen with white lines scroll really fast then the box will close.
Close the WIN Zip box to complete the certificate download.
NOTE: Windows Vista & 7 may show a message that the file might not have installed correctly. Select "This program installed correctly."
If you are still having problems getting the Virtual Screen to run try the following steps.
Open your browser and in right side of the Ribbon (upper right side of the page) you should see a Tab named “TOOLS” or “SETTINGS” (may have a gear next to it). Click on the tab “TOOLS”.
Click on “Internet Options” at the bottom of the pop up box.
On the “General” tab under “Browsing History” select “Delete”.
Delete “Temporary Internet Files”
Select the 3rd tab on the top labeled “Privacy”
Under the POP-UP Blocker section
Remove the “check” in the Turn on Pop-up Blocker Box.
Select the “ADVANCE” tab on the top right. Scroll to the bottom of settings and ensure there is a “check” in the each box for:
“Use SSL 3.0”
“Use TSL 1.0”
If you are still unable to access the screening contact the Help Desk as per paragraph 4 in the letter you received.