Skip navigation links
Career Info
Support & Services
Reference Library
Skip navigation links
Board for Correction of Naval Records (BCNR)
Decorations and Medals (Awards)
Discharge Certificates
Electronic Service Record (ESR)
Electronic Submission
Home of Record
Military Personnel Records
Contact Us
Document Correction
Document Submission
Enlisted Record Update
Officer Record Update
OMPF (Permanent Personnel Record)
Ordering and Reviewing Your OMPF
Record Access/Review
Frequently Asked Questions
OMPF - Command View
OMPF - My Record
Selection Board Review
Statement of Service
Unemployment Compensation
Ordering and Reviewing Your OMPF

It is never too early to review your OMPF, however, begin at least 6 months before you are eligible for Selection Board review.

Active Duty USN and USN Drilling Reserve

Active duty USN and USNR drilling Reservist should use OMPF - My Record to view/get copies of their OMPF record.  Ordering a CD should only be done for retaining a copy.  If you wish to order a CD for safe keeping you can order online through BUPERS On Line (BOL) at:  Select “Request Record on CD” from the top menu bar and you will be taken to the official WEB site to order your CD.

If you wish to have your CD sent to you at the listed command address, verify that the mailing address is correct, and select “Order Online” You cannot modify the listed mailing address.

If the listed address is wrong, or you want your record to be mailed to your home or some other address, select “OMPF Request Form” from the BOL website or download the form from the Helpful Links.  Print the form (this is a fill-in type form), fill it out, sign it and mail or FAX the request to the place listed on the form.

Non-Drilling and Former Members (after 1995)

Non-drilling Reservists, former members (separated or discharged after 1995), and those without access to BOL, must mail or fax their written request or use the "OMPF Request Form".  Ensure you include your name, rank, SSN, address where you would like your request to be mailed, and the request must be signed by YOU.

Due to Privacy Act concerns, we do not honor requests without a signature.  NPC does not accept telephone or email requests.

Submitting Requests

Submit your request to the following:

Navy Personnel Command
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington TN 38055-3120

Veterans (Retired or Separated) (1995 and Prior)

See our helpful link on How to Locate Navy Records (Personnel and Medical).

Requesting Records from NPRC

If the records are located at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) St. Louis, Missouri, there are several options to request records or proof of service (DD-214).  See NPRC’s website on “How to Request Military Service Records or Prove Military Service

  • Use the eVetRecs request system
  • Mail or Fax Standard Form SF-180  (The SF 180 from this website is an Adobe .PDF file.  To view and print this file, obtain the free Adobe Acrobat reader if you don’t have it)

To reduce time delay, the Veteran or their next of kin (if the veteran is deceased) should use the eVetRecs request system.

Questions related to NRPC website:  See NPRC FAQ's.


NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington TN 38055-0000 
Comments? Suggestions? Call 866-U-ASK-NPC or Email the Webmaster | Updated:10/6/2015 12:01 PM

FOIA | US Navy | No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy  |  Accessibility / Section 508 | Site Map