TO SERVE (FR-PTS)
FLEET RIDE-PTS USER GUIDE (FEB13)
FAQ's - PTS NAVADMIN 021/13
FAQs - PTS Advancement Policy for Cycle 219
12DEC2012- PTS Quota Management Plan Business Rules BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT (BLUF)
1. FR-PTS maximum quota expiration date: 13 months
2. Quota utilization:
a. Any action that changes a Sailor’s SEAOS
b. SEAOS applications. Any action that changes a Sailor’s EAOS prior to quota expiration, such as an existing extension going operative, will not result in the quota being rescinded/loss.
c. Special Circumstance applications. Any action that changes a Sailor’s EAOS, such as an existing extension going operative, constitutes non-utilization of the approved quota, and the quota will be rescinded.
3. Separation Quotas. Remain in FR-PTS until the Sailor has effected separation, or the Sailor is reset by the cognizant Enlisted Community Manager (ECM).
4. Sailors selected for advancement via NWAE must participate in standard FR-PTS competition for quota approval. Sailors who have exhausted their PTS looks, but are then selected for advancement, will be reset by cognizant ECM upon request to grant one additional PTS look at the frocked paygrade. Sailor must have time to receive PTS results and reenlist prior to SEAOS. Extensions are NOT authorized to await PTS results.
FIVE (5) MOST RECENT EVALUATIONS ARE REQUIRED IN FLEETRIDE!!
Although it is not as clear as it should be, the intent of NAVADMIN 352/10 was to increase the minimum number of evaluations required in a Fleet RIDE application from 2 to 5. Below is an excerpt from the draft MILPERSMAN 1160-140 which clearly explains the upcoming requirement:
“FR-PTS applications must include the Sailor’s five most current evaluations (NOB evaluations are to be included, but are not used in the calculation of evaluation average). In cases where the Sailor does not have five evaluations, include a brief description of the reason in the “NOTES” section of the application. Failure to include all applicable evaluations will result in invalidation of the application by ECM. First Term Sailors who have not received a regular periodic evaluation require a special evaluation.”
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Q: How do I (the CCC) “assign” and “unassign” a Sailor?
A: 1. To “Assign”: Go to “Sailors”, then “Sailor Browser”.2. In the “UIC” drop down menu (top right of screen), select “Unassigned”.
3. Enter the Sailor’s SSN. **
4. With Sailor highlighted, click “Edit”.
5. Under “UIC” drop down menu (upper, middle screen), select appropriate UIC for your command.
6. Click “Save”.
**If Sailor does not appear under “Unassigned”, then his/her prior command has not “unassigned” Sailor. Go to “Locate Sailor” on bottom left of screen to find Sailor’s CCC POC information to have Sailor “unassigned”.
1. To “Unassign”: Go to “Sailors”, then “Sailor Browser”.
2. Enter the Sailor’s SSN, click “List”; or highlight the appropriate Sailor in your list of Sailors.
3. Go to “Edit”.
4. In the “UIC” drop down menu (upper, middle screen), select the “blank”.
5. Click “Save”.
PTS Business Rules UPDATE 12 Dec 12
NAVPERS 5239/8 (Fleet RIDE-PTS SAAR Addendum)
FR-PTS Status Codes
FR-PTS Checklist for success
Fleet RIDE-PTS Approval/Expiration Matrix
Fleet RIDE-PTS Enlisted Master File Codes
Critical NEC List in Fleet RIDE
(2 May 12)
CREO Listing (SELRES)
The Stack (Understanding the FR-PTS Algorithm)
The following links contains helpful information for Career Counselors provided by other Career Counselors. These forms are not required by any policy. Feel free to modify these forms to fit your command’s needs.
FR-PTS Counseling Format
COMING SOON - MILPERSMAN 1160-140
(MILPERSMAN 1440-060 AND ALL PRIOR FR-PTS NAVADMINS WILL BE CANCELLED)
FLEET RIDE-RATING ENTRY FOR
GENERAL APPRENTICE (FR-REGA)
REGA Quota Table May 2013
REGA Quota Table June 2013
REGA Quota Table July 2013
REGA Training Brief
FLEET RIDE POINTS OF CONTACT:
PHONE: 901-874-2102; DSN: 882-2102
When sending information to the Fleet RIDE Help Desk, ensure that if you send any PII information that the email is encrypted. Do NOT send full SSNs; send Rate, First and Last Name, and UIC data only. Do NOT put this information in the Subject line of the email.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! In order to make Fleet RIDE-PTS a better tool, please click HERE to provide detailed feedback.
Fleet RIDE-PTS Homepage